Applications for English language assistants in France [fr]
Applications for English-speaking language assistants for the 2018-2019 French school year are open until December 15.
About the assistantship programme:
If you are:
- a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
- aged between 20 and 35 years old
- would like the opportunity to explore France and the French culture, improve your French language skills*, share your knowledge and experience with French students...
...in short, if you want to make the most of your O.E.... then the assistantship programme is for you!
As an English language assistant in France, you will spend 12 hours a week teaching at primary or secondary schools. You will earn about 795 euros a month. Your role will be to use interactive activities to improve your students’ confidence when speaking English. Students will expect you to introduce them to the Kiwi culture. The English teacher at the schools you are posted to will help you to prepare lesson plans.
Your visa (free of charge) will allow you to travel all over the country. After meeting many people from different backgrounds, discovering a new country, another culture and improving your French, you’ll never want to leave France!
- To apply for the programme, please download the application form (pdf, 688kb).
- You must attach a copy of your criminal convictions history to your application.
- Applicants with dependant minors must complete this attestation (pdf, 28kb, in French)
Please confirm by email that your application has been sent to: pascale.seignolles[a]diplomatie.gouv.fr. Applicants will be informed of their selection at the end of June 2018. Successful applicants are invited to apply for visas from July 1.
Any questions regarding the procedure may also be sent to Mme Seignolles. Some answers may also be found in the FAQ section.
Please send your application to:
French Embassy in New Zealand
34-42 Manners street
P.O. Box 11-343
Applications must include:
1. 2 copies of the completed application form
2. 2 passport photos stapled to the application forms with the candidate’s full name at the back of the picture
3. 2 copies of the university transcripts and the degrees obtained (if applicable)
4. 2 copies of the medical form (p. 9 of the application form)
5. 2 copies of the passport ID page (the passport must be valid until December 2019)
6. 2 copies of 2 teacher’s appraisals (pp. 7-8 of the application form) - the forms must be signed by the teachers and stamped by the university
7. Original of police clearance check or criminal records extract is obligatory
(See the New Zealand Ministry of Justice website for information on how to apply for your police record).
Further information will be made available once the selection has been made in May / June of 2018. If selected, you will be contacted to confirm your participation in the program. If you are no longer able to participate, a candidate from the waiting list will be selected.
Please note: Cancellation of participation after 30 June 2018, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.
If you have questions about the assitantship programme, look at our FAQ or see the Guide de l’Assistant (in French) and the English translation of the ’Before Leaving’ section. If you have any enquiries about the assistantship programme, please write to: pascale.seignolles[a]diplomatie.gouv.fr
* Please note: Your French language skills should be at the equivalent level of B1 (DELF).