Call for application open: LabCitoyen 2019
If you are 20-26 years old, speak French and are involved in promoting women’s rights and gender equality, you could win a trip to represent New Zealand at LabCitoyen 2019 in Paris this July 2019!
The winning entrant will attend workshops, group discussions and visit international organisations headquarters in Paris from the 30th of June to the 7th of July 2019, along with other representatives from all over the world.
Applications close on the 31st of March, so be in quick.
LabCitoyen is a programme focused on major human rights themes. It is hosted by the Institut Français in Paris.
From the 30th of June to the 7th of July 2019, about 60 committed young global citizens will collectively discuss major topics related to human rights in French.
LabCitoyen’s 2019 theme is "Women’s rights: equality and citizenship".
It aims at dealing with the following topics:
- Women, political involvement and citizenship
- Professional equality
- Access to education and knowledge
- Fight against harassment and violence
- Religions and women’s rights
All expenses are covered for the winning entrant, including international flights, accommodation, meals, transportation, activities and insurance.
- New Zealand citizens
- 20 to 26 years old
- French speaking level of B1 or above (DELF B1 or equivalent), which corresponds to linguistic competency of an intermediary user
- Show civic involvement (volunteering, political, humanitarian, civic or union) around the theme of 2019, "Women’s rights"
Applications must include:
- A copy of the photo page of your New Zealand passport;
- A one page CV in English;
- A file sharing link of your video (no more than 5 minutes long).
Please, email your application to cooperation.wellington-amba[a]diplomatie.gouv.fr with the subject line “LabCitoyen2019”.
What should your video contain?
a) an introduction in English describing yourself (name, school/job/university, family, city);
b) a short description in French of something related to human rights, and in particular to gender equality, that you are passionate about and your social involvement;
c) a short explanation in French of why you want to take part in LabCitoyen in France.
Stand and talk in front of the camera, be natural. No notes, talk from your heart! Let the committee get to know you. Mistakes in French don’t matter!
The video must last between 2 and 5 minutes. Videos recorded from a cellphone are eligible.
Opening date: 15th February 2019
Closing date: 31st of March 2019
Results announced: 15th April 2019
LabCitoyen in Paris: 30th June – 7th July 2019
Results will be published on the French Embassy’s website and the winners will receive a personal confirmation by email.