Join French research Institute Ifremer for your Post-Doc!
For the year 2020, Ifremer, the French institute specialised in marine environment, offers a dozen post-doctoral contracts for a period of 18 months to researchers proposing innovative projects that are consistent with the three main themes below:
Protect and restore the ocean.
Sustainably use marine resources to benefit society.
Create and share ocean data, information & knowledge.
Candidates must not have been previously employed as doctoral or post-doctoral researchers in an Ifremer research unit nor in a joint research unit in which Ifremer is involved.
This call is open to applicants of any nationality whose last research experience (Ph.D. or post-doctoral contract) has been carried out in a laboratory outside of France.
- Candidates must have held their Ph.D. after December 2014.
For more information about the themes, see the application Appendix.
- Relevance to Ifremer’s strategy.
- Scientific or technological quality of the project.
- Innovative aspect of the subject and/or added value to Ifremer in terms of new skills.
- Expected value of the project in terms of economic or industrial development.
- Project’s relevance to the host research unit.
The pdf Application Form
For your convenience, an application/pdf Checklist is provided to summarize the documents that are expected in addition to the application form. All the submitted documents must be in English.
The starting date of the post-doctoral contract will be determined in concertation with the head of the research unit and the human resources department of Ifremer.
Learn more about IFREMER: https://wwz.ifremer.fr/en/
Join IFREMER for your Post doc: https://wwz.ifremer.fr/en/Research-Technology/Scientific-strategy/Join-Ifremer-for-your-Post-Doc