New Caledonia invited to the After 5 Event [fr]
“Showcasing the economic potential of the French Pacific territories”
On Wednesday the 16th of March, the French-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce (FNZCCI) and the New Zealand Pacific Business Council will hold an event dedicated to the economic potential of French Pacific territories - particularly New Caledonia and French Polynesia - at the Auckland BECA offices.
The After 5 Event “Showcasing New Caledonia and French Polynesia" aims to raise awareness among New Zealand entrepreneurs of the potential for developing relations with their French neighbors in the areas of:
- Infrastructure (construction, roading, mining and energy)
- Fast moving consumer goods,
- Food and beverages.
The following three guest speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Dr. Justin Fepuleai, Consul General of New Zealand to New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna, based in Nouméa,
- Mrs. Kirsty Reynolds, Vice President of the French-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce (FNZCCI),
- Dr Yves Lafoy, Official Representative of New Caledonia to New Zealand, based at the Embassy of France in Wellington.
In his presentation entitled “New Caledonia’s specific economy: Overview and focus on the infrastructure sector" the Official Representative of New Caledonia to New Zealand, after presenting an overview of New Caledonia’s institutional and economic contexts, will address the following five key questions related to the Infrastructure sector :
- who are the big industry players in New Caledonia in terms of infrastructure (Mining, Roading, Ports, and Energy) ?,
- what Projects are scheduled in these areas for the next 3 years ?,
- how are these projects funded ?,
- which are the specific organisations in New Caledonia that New Zealand companies should be contacting to discuss infrastructure projects ?
- what regulations do New Zealand companies need to be aware of when tendering for projects in New Caledonia ?
Venue: BECA 21 Pitt Street, Auckland City
Date: 16th March 2016
Time: 5.15pm registration for 6pm start
Cost: $30.00 for Members ** OR $40.00 for Non-Members
R.S.V.P: Monday, 14 March 2016
** Member denotes; European Council, Alliance Francaise, Frenz, the Pacific based Business Councils.
Registration is essential for this event, please complete the registration form and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 09 309 0081