The Embassy of France seeks a Press attaché [fr]
A full-time press attaché role will be open from May 1st at the Embassy of France in New Zealand. The closing date for applications is April 22.
The press attaché of the Embassy of France in New Zealand leads the press service, which comprises two staff. Under the authority of the ambassador and the deputy head of mission, the press attaché develops and implements the embassy’s communications strategy.
- Development and implementation of the embassy’s communications strategy
- Organising and preparing media coverage of embassy events
- Meeting and developing relationships with local and national media – radio, television, printed publications, blogs – as well as with government agencies and civil society organisations
- Organising conferences and forums aimed at promoting French foreign policy
- Producing and organising the embassy’s digital communication strategy: website, social media and newsletter
- Analysis of New Zealand media and preparation of memoranda regarding news in New Zealand and the Pacific region
- Must be a New Zealand citizen OR be a permanent New Zealand resident OR hold a work visa
- Must speak French and English fluently, having one of the languages as their mother tongue
- Must have substantial knowledge of New Zealand history, culture and society (knowledge of French culture, society and media would be advantageous)
- Must be completely at ease working with the Microsoft Office software suite, including Excel and Publisher, movie editing software and Internet publishing system (SPIP).
- Independence and initiative, rigour and analytical skills, a sense of public service.
- Oral and written fluency in French and English.
- Good understanding of office software and equipment
- Strong flexibility, forward thinking attitude and ability to work long hours when needed
- Understanding and knowledge of international relations
Monthly salary: approximately 5000 New Zealand dollars, before tax.
Please send your CV as well as a cover letter in French and English to email@example.com
Applications must be received by April 22, 2018.