The cheese fondue - Le Chef restaurant, Auckland
French gastronomy is renowned worldwide. Come and get inspired by original or traditional French recipes created by New Zealand and Pacific’s chefs!
Are you a chef based in New Zealand with a fine appetite for French cuisine? If so, please contact us (directly on our website or on Facebook @FranceNZ or Twitter @Ambafrance.NZ) and we will be happy to share your delicious recipes online!
100g of cheese Emmental
100g of cheese Comté
100g of cheese Beaufort
1 tablespoon of cornflour
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic and rosemary
250ml of white wine
1 baguette for freshly chopped croutons
A pinch of salt
- 1. Begin by grating each cheese into a bowl, to ensure a smooth melting texture.
- 2. Add the cornflour to the bowl of grated cheese and toss thoroughly to coat all pieces.
- 3. Combine the wine, salt, garlic and rosemary into a fondue pot or a large saucepan, then simmer over a medium-low heat.
- 4. Once the liquid is simmering add the cheese in small increments to the pot, stirring well between each addition to ensure a smooth fondue texture.
- 5. Continue to consistently stir through the mixture until smooth.
- 6. Once the fondue is ready remove from heat.
- 7. Slice up the baguette into small cubes place on the fondue fork and dip into the fresh fondue – always remember to blow on the cheese!
Upper Vulcan lane
13 O’Connell st
09 373 4723