University of New Caledonia
The University of New Caledonia is one of the smaller French universities. In 2012 it counted 30000 students, 200 academic staff, and 70 administrative staff.
Its aims are :
- initial and continuing training ;
- scientific and technological research;
- students orientation and employability ;
- spreading of cultural, scientific and technological information;
- participation in the development of higher education and research in the south Pacific;
- international co-operation and the promotion of the French language.
Since 2007 the Nouville site boasts a 400-seat auditorium, a restaurant and a 2400 m2 library.
- 424.8 kb
- Overall Map of Noumea
UNC offers 26 study programmes. These are taught within three faculties located on three different sites. Courses are available in the following areas:
- Law, Economics and Management (Nouville-Workshops site)
- Sciences and Technology (Nouville-Banyan site)
- 501.3 kb
- Map of Nouville
Language, Literature and Humanities (Magenta site)
- 315.6 kb
- Sitemap of Magenta
UNC offers a new Master of Research “Espaces, société et littérature dans les mondes océaniens”). See attached flyer for further information.
To view information for international students, see the university’s international relations bureau website.