University student visa
As the application process includes taking a photo and the ten fingerprints of each applicant, it is not possible to send in a visa application via the post. This also applies to residents of Samoa and the Cook Islands.
Each applicant aged 12 years and over must travel to Wellington to apply for their visa in person.
If you hold this visa, you may travel to other Schengen Zone countries for up to 3 months in any 6 month period.]
One appointment must be made for each passport holder. Applicants will need to make an appointment during the opening hours of the Consulate of France : 9.15 am to 1.15 pm, Monday to Friday.
Applicants will not be admitted to the Consulate if they do not have an appointment.
[(To lodge your application, you are required to book an appointment via the online booking system, without exception. No booking will be completed at the Consular section in Wellington or by phone.
Please click here to book an appointment.
If applicants are unable to attend an appointment they should amend or cancel it.
- Completed and signed long stay application form.
- Completed and signed OFII form
- One recent passport photograph,
- Passport (valid for at least three months after return date),
- A letter from a recognised teaching institution or university providing evidence of full-time enrolment (a minimum of 20 hours per week),
- A copy of the applicant’s diploma,
- A letter outlining the financial support the applicant will receive during their stay,
- Proof of accommodation,
- Travel itinerary,
- A pre-paid courier envelope with the applicant’s address provided for return of passport,
- Long stay visas fees. Please click here for the latest visa fees.Please note that visa fees must be paid in cash.
From the date we receive your application, we require a minimum of 15 days to process it.
It is your responsibility to provide us with a complete application.
If any documents are missing from your application, it is highly likely that your visa will not be granted.
All students applying for a student visa are requested to complete the student visa applicants form. All information collected is for statistical purposes only.