Work visa for France (long stay - over 90 days)
As the application process includes taking a photo and the ten fingerprints of each applicant, it is not possible to send in a visa application via the post. This also applies to residents of Samoa and the Cook Islands.
Each applicant aged 12 years and over must travel to Wellington to apply for their visa in person.
The only exception applies to applicants of visas for African countries. Applicants for these visas are not required to apply in person at the Consulate of France.
One appointment must be made for each passport holder. Applicants will need to make an appointment during the opening hours of the Consulate of France : 9.15 am to 1.15 pm, Monday to Friday.
Applicants will not be admitted to the Consulate if they do not have an appointment.
Please click here to book an appointment.
If applicants are unable to attend an appointment they should amend or cancel it.
If you wish to apply for a work visa for France, be aware that it is mandatory to have first obtained employment there.
Your employer must contact the OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration - formerly the ANAEM) at one of the addresses listed on this website: www.ofii.fr
NB: The OFII was formerly known as the ANAEM, however the organisation’s role and contact details have not changed.
The OFII will then send a letter to the Consulate of France with its decision to deny or grant the visa. Only after the Consulate has received this letter, can the applicant make an appointment to visit the Visa Section in person.
- Completed and signed long stay application form.
- Completed and signed OFII form
- One recent passport photograph,
- Passport (valid for least three months after your return date)
+ a photocopy of the photo page of your passport
- Photocopies of previous Schengen visas granted (if any)
- Travel itinerary or booked flights,
- A pre-paid return envelope with the applicant’s address provided for return of passport,
- Long stay visa fees. Please click here for the latest visa fees. Please note that visa fees must be paid in cash.
From the date we receive your application, we require a minimum of ten working days to process it.
It is your responsability to provide us with a complete application.
If any documents are missing from your application, it is highly likely that your visa will not be granted.