The News Channel France 24 in New Zealand
France 24 is an international news channel broadcast 24 hours a day, seven days a week in English and French. It provides half-hour news updates. Through interviews and debates, France 24 provides viewers with in-depth analysis of current affairs around the world.
Since July 1, 2011, the French version of France 24 has been available throughout New Zealand on SKY channel 93 (Optional channel).
"France 24’s agreement with SKY reaffirms our aim to ensure that all countries in the Asia Pacific region can access France 24.” says Brice Bertrand, France 24’s Head of Distribution for Asia Pacific.
Brief overview of France 24
- Launch: December 2006
- Status: Limited company, subsidiary of the Audiovisuel Extérieur de la France
- CEO: Alain de Pouzilhac
- Employees: France 24 employs 580 multilingual, multitasking people internationally
- Broadcasting languages: French, English and Arabic
- Viewers: 29,9 million a week, including 7 million opinion leaders
- Available in more than 160 million households
- Broadcast across the globe on cable, satellite, IPTV, Web and mobile
Some programmes available on France 24
The France 24 Debate
Live from Paris
Shows about various regions of the world
The week in… ( France, Northern Africa, Asia, the Americas, Africa, Europe, the Middle East)
Shows on Europe
Environment and Health
For more information about France 24, please visit their website: www.france24.com