Bus Lane Usage in New Zealand
When bus lanes are in operation :
- Bicycles, motorcycles and emergency vehicles can use bus lanes at all times UNLESS they are marked ’Buses only’, in which case they can only ever be used by buses.
- Vehicles can use bus lanes if turning left, merging, entering or exiting a side street or driveway, for up to 50 metres.
- Driving, parking or stopping on the bus lanes is prohibited.
- Motorists caught travelling or parked in a bus lane during operational hours will be issued an infringement notice and a fine of $150.
When bus lanes are not in operation :
- You can drive, park and stop in bus lanes (or as indicated by signs and road markings).
Around the French Embassy - Manners Street
You can cycle along Manners Street towards Victoria Street :
- before 6.00 am and after 7.00 pm, Monday to Friday
- at all times during the weekend
- the remainder of the time it is bus-only.